Thursday, April 5, 2012

Farewell from Ted


In the past two years we've been delighted to work with Ted, his enthusiasm an community spirit have been greatly appreciated. You may or may not know Ted as the predominant voice behind our facebook and twitter musings during this time. While he will be missed we're chuffed he's found a job in an area that means so much to him.
- Maaike
-----------------
Well after almost two years of Bower love it's time for me to turn the page onto a new chapter in my working life!  It's been an amazing experience being part of the Bower team and I will miss everyone dreadfully.  I walked into The Bower with a diverse background that had nothing to do with second hand furniture and I leave having learnt so much! Our customers are so varied and have taught me much about history, beauty and of course reuse!  Thank you!

I recently started studying Community Services as I have a passion for community and supporting marginalised groups and I want to be part of a people based solution to the oppressions so many of us experience.  So where am I heading?  I've been offered a job at ACON! Within their Anti Violence Project.  I'll be supporting folks who have experienced homophobic, transphobic, GLBT family and domestic violence.  I feel incredibly humbled to be joining this amazing project and team.

If you haven't heard of the great work ACON does then check out the website at www.acon.org.au. ACON is NSW's and Australia's largest community-based gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) health and HIV/AIDS organisation.

The Anti Violence Project can be accessed via http://www.acon.org.au/anti-violence where you can find support if you are part of the GLBT community and have or are currently experiencing violence in your life! 

Thanks again to all the members and customers who have be part of my world for two years! May you continue to be blessed with amazing treasures at The Bower! 

Teddy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment